Eligible Countries: International
Eligible Course(s): Courses in the Graduate School of Science
Scholarship Type: Masters
Country to Study: Japan
Scholarship Provider: University of Tokyo
The University of Tokyo in Japan is delighted to provide international students an opportunity to study in Japan by offering them scholarships that covers school expense exemptions, scholarships, emergency loans, and student discounts.
These scholarships are provided to financially support self-supported outstanding international students and to increase the number of international students in Japan.
- Applicants must be self-supported students with good grades who did well in their entrance examination for the Masters program.
- Applicants must be students who newly come to Japan to qualify and enter the program in either April or September 2017.
- Priority goes to UTRIP（University of Tokyo Research Internship Program）participants.
Selections will be made by the candidate(s) Dean. The recipient will be decided by the Dean based on the nomination from the Selection Committee. The notification will be sent to the applicant by e-mail in one month after the acceptance letter for the Master’s Program is sent out.
Numbers of Awardees
Few scholarship has been provided by the University of Tokyo.
The Scholarship valued up to 150,000 yen monthly. The stipend will be paid into the bank account quarterly after getting the confirmation of enrollment.
The Scholarship covers for 5 years starting from April/September, 2017 to March/August 2022.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the documents listed below to the International Liaison Office at the Graduate School of Science by post at the time of their Graduate School application for admission into the Master’s Program.
- Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students 2017 Application Form: 1 original copy (see link below)
- One letter of recommendation for the Graduate School of Science Scholarship application from a faculty member of your college or university
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information.
The application deadline is 1st May, 2017 for those starting in September.