Eligible Countries: African countries
Eligible Courses: Courses offered at the University
Type: MBA Fellowship
Offered Annually: Yes
Country to Study: USA
Scholarship Provider: Stanford University
Stanford university is pleased to offer MBA fellowships to citizens of African countries who desire to obtain an MBA at Stanford University and afterwards return for two (2) years to contribute to the continent’s development.
The fellowship was established to assist citizens from Africa study at the university, acquire essential skill sets for the standard duration of two years and return to the continent, to work in vital positions that directly impact and improve Africa.
- To demonstrate the primary reason for the program, applicants must be ready to dedicate at least two (2) years to the development of the economy of Africa after the MBA program.
- The MBA Fellowship will be awarded to Final-year undergraduates and graduates of institutions in Africa as well as African citizens who studied in countries outside of Africa.
To be eligible for the fellowship, applicants must also apply to the Stanford MBA Program.
Number of Awardees
Eight (8) fellowships has been provided.
The fellowship is worth $160,000.
The scholarship covers for up to two (2) years.
How to Apply
- One-page resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- A 250-word essay on how applicant plans to effect change in Africa
- Financial information
- Awards and honours
- History of employment
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information.
The application deadline is 7th June 2017 (5:00pm Pacific Time).